Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

My beardie over the last few days has stopped eating any

Customer Question

my beardie over the last few days has stopped eating any hoppers at all, but will eat the odd wax worm or meal worm. I put in salad every day and he eats some of that. Hes about 9-10 months old and his orange and red patterned body is now getting dark stripes across his body. Is there something wrong? Also he is staying in the cooler side and doesn't like it when I move him to the basking side
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Anna replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with a special interest in reptiles. I apologize that no one responded to you sooner. Different experts cone on a various times. I just logged on and saw your question. I suspect that something is wrong with your beardie. Those dark stripes are called stress marks. Some additional information will be useful. Do you have the same temps at night as during the day? Has he been passing normal droppings? What substrate do you use on the floor of the enclosure? What brand and size of UVB light do you have? How old is the bulb? Do you give him a calcium supplement? Thank you.