Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

I'm new to this site but I have been concerned about my

Customer Question

Hi, I'm Yuyee. I'm new to this site but I have been concerned about my terrapin for about a week.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: There's a pink tinge to her skin around the base of her neck and recently the top half of her eyes have gotten a slight orange shade to them when they were full yellow before. Other than that oops I sent that too early but her shell and underbelly seem fine and she eats normally.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Pet Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.

Hello Yuyee and welcome. Thank you for requesting me. I'm sorry to hear that Tib is ill.

I know you would like a home remedy, and I would love to give you one, but unfortunately, this is a situation where there isn't one. This is a medical emergency.

A red, pink, or orange tint to the skin is often a sign of septicemia - blood poisoning. It could be the result of a minor wound that wasn't even visible. It must be treated by a vet. You can read more about septicemia by scrolling down about 1/3 on this page:

http://www.austinsturtlepage.com/Care/medinjuries.htm

This link will take you to a directory of reptile vets:

http://www.britishcheloniagroup.org.uk/vetscorner/vetlist

There are other possible infections and organ conditions that could be responsible, but evey one of them are serious, and require immediate care.

If you have more questions, just let me know by clicking on REPLY. I hope Tib will reach a full recovery.

Anna

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Please remember to rate my service only after you have all the information you need. Thank you!

Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

Do you need any additional information?

Anna