Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  35+ years experience as veterinary tech and 20+ years experience doing reptile rescues.
5071285

My little bearded dragon got attacked I think s leg is broke

Customer Question

My little bearded dragon got attacked I think his leg is broke what do I do
Category: Reptile
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
He doesn't seem to want to eat or anything he's calmer than normal I'm guessing he's only about 2-3 months old
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
This is a pic of his foot
Expert:  Joan replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in Reptiles and Reptile rescue.

How was the Dragon injured?

Is he housed alone?

Joan

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
He wasn't now he is my bigger bearded dragon attacked him
Expert:  Joan replied 9 months ago.

Thank-you. Two Dragon should never be housed together, because of the danger of injury or loss of limb, or tail. The Dragon will need to see a Herp Vet for treatment of the foot and leg. For now you can treat by cleaning the area with a Diluted Betadine and warm water and then followed by some Neosporin. Depending on the severity of the injury, the Vet may have to amputate the foot, if the break is too severe. They will put the Dragon on an Antibiotic for infection. I can locate a Herp Vet for you with a State, if you do not have one. Please let me me kow if you need me to locate one for you.

Joan

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Wisconsin is there one in Madison
Expert:  Joan replied 9 months ago.

This is a Link for Herp Vets: http://www.anapsid.org/vets/wisconsin.html There are two Herp Vets listed in the link in Madison WI. Please let me know how the little Dragon does. If I have addressed your concerns, please take a moment to rate my service 5 Stars.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 9 months ago.

Wanted to check in on your little Dragon. Did the Herp Vet see him? How is the leg doing?

Joan

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No not yet and he seems to be moving around more and getting better
Expert:  Joan replied 9 months ago.

Continue to clean the leg with the Betadine and Neosporin and hopefully we can prevent infection and the inflammation will reduce. Please watch for the foot turning black as that can mean the tissue is dying and there is n circulation in the foot.

If I have addressed your concerns, please take a moment to rate my service 5 Stars.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 9 months ago.

How is the little Dragon doing? Was hoping to get an update report on recovery.

Joan