Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

My red earred slider layed eggs 1 week ago. since then she

Customer Question

my red earred slider layed eggs 1 week ago. since then she has has had diarehha. Can
My red eared slider laid eggs 1 week ago. Since then she has had diarrhea. Are there any home remedies like yogurt? Her vet once told us to try it but i can't remember how much or for how long.
i
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in Reptiles and reptile rescue.

Please start the Turtle on Benebac which is a probiotic can can be found at a Pet shop. This will aid with the gut flora. You can also give the turtle some Canned Pumpkin, not pie filling which is a high fiber food and should help with the diarrhea. If the Probiotic Benebac and the pumpkin do not help the Vet may have to give something stronger for the diarrhe. I would try the two things I suggested firt and if it does not clear, please see the Herp Vet for treatment. If you need a her vet I can locate some for you with a State. if I have addressed your concerns, please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars.

Joan