Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  35+ years experience as veterinary tech and 40+ years experience doing reptile rescues.
5071285

Chinese water Dragon with significant trauma to front face

Customer Question

Chinese water Dragon with significant trauma to front face and nose area. We see vet tomorrow but I would like to have some pain management tonight what do you suggest
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

Hello,common.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in Reptiles and reptile rescue.

Nose rubbing is usually done due to stress and very common. You can do some first aid tonight that can offersome relief. Please dilute some Betadine with warm water and clean areas using a Q-tip. This will disinfect the area. Once that is done, please take some Neosporin and apply it to the nose and face rub avoiding the eyes. This should soothe the area. The Vet will have to prescribe pain Medication for pain and healing. I suggest you cove 3 sides of the tank with black paper to stop reflexions, and that should help. If I have addressed your concerns, please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars.

Joan