Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

I have a juvenile bearded. She has been doing well but we

Customer Question

I have a juvenile bearded. She has been doing well but we just got home and went up to feed. When I saw her she was in a strange position and looked deceased. I picked her up and I saw her belly move. She is still breathing but no movement at all
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Anna replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with a special interest in reptiles. This is a touchy situation because we don't know what happened. But let's do what we can. Do you have any Pedialyte in the house?

Expert:  Anna replied 10 months ago.

It appears you haven't seen my question above. I'm going to give you an emergency first aid measure. If you have some Pedialyte use that for a special soak. Prepare a shallow bath consisting of 1/2 water (at about 100*F) and 1/2 Pedialyte. Soak your beardie for about 20 to 30 minutes. Reptiles can absorb the electrolytes and fluids through their vents (where droppings pass out), so make the water deep enough to cover the vent. Hold her head up so water doesn't enter her nostrils. Be sure to supervise closely.

If you don't have any Pedialyte, you can make your own electrolyte solution.Here's the recipe:

2-4 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt

1 quartwater

Mix it all together, then dilute 50% for the bath just as we would have done with the Pedilayte.

Try this and let me know if there is any change.