Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

Our 6-month-old bearded dragon has been very lethargic and

Customer Question

Our 6-month-old bearded dragon has been very lethargic and not eating for the past 4 to 5 days.
We added sand to the habitat about two weeks ago. We were concerned that he had been eating the sand, so we removed it all and cleaned the habitat 2 days ago.
His normal diet is meal worms, crickets and lettuce.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Anna replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with a special interest in reptiles. I'm sorry to hear your dragon is having a problem. Some additional information will help me figure out the best steps for you to take.

Has he been passing normal droppings?

What temperatures do you maintain under the basking light and on the cool side of the cage?

What brand and size of UVB light do you have? How old is the bulb?

I have to leave for an appointment in a few minutes, but will check for your response as soon as I get back. I appreciate your patience.

Thank you.

Anna