Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

My ball python got really cold after I had left her in her

Customer Question

My ball python got really cold after I had left her in her feeding box and now her spine is showing and she doesn't really move much what does this mean
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with a special interest in reptiles. I'm sorry to hear of this incident. Some additional information will help me figure out the best steps for you to take. How cold did it get in the feed box, and how long was she at that temperatures? When you say her spine is showing, do you mean it's visible through her skin, or is it actually protruding? Check the skin on her neck. Is it wrinkled or puckered? At what temperature do you now have her enclosure? Thank you.