Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

My name is ***** *****. I got a veiled chameleon as a gift a

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. I got a veiled chameleon as a gift a few weeks ago. He is about a year old. He has been brown for about a week, and he just fell to the bottom of his cage.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: He has been sleeping a little during the day, but I have seen him eat a few crickets and he has been drinking water when I mist him. I was sitting by the computer and heard a thump. I went over and found him on the bottom of his cage.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Reptile Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Anna replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with a special interest in reptiles. I'm sorry to hear of this problem. Some additional information will be helpful. Has there been any change in his condition? What brand and size of UVB bulb do you have? Has he been getting a calcium supplement? What temperatures do you maintain under the basking light, and on the cool side of the cage? Thank you.