Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

We have a bearded dragon that is just over a year old... My

Customer Question

We have a bearded dragon that is just over a year old... My son fed him way too much of dried mixed veggies bought from a pet store yesterday, and when I got home today, he is acting really sick... Barely moving, breathing really heavy kind of fast, and swallowing a lot..also found him gaping or panting with mouth open a couple times in last couple days..Has had 2 bm with diarrhea,and the last had a little consistency an hour ago. Stomach is way bloated and puffy, and has me really worried!
Category: Reptile
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still waiting on an answer and worrying !!! Just gave him another warm bath and gently massaged him, as the exotic pet vet asst. told me to do every few hours to help him have bm... Had a bm 15 minutes ago, is more lively, climbing on sides of aquarium trying to get out,so I took him out for a second cleaned the bm, which is no longer diarrhea , but as I put him back in he doesn't move for next 5-10 minutes--- just still acting weird. His stomach is not nearly as puffy , but the breathing is what's bothering me more and the frequent swallowing.... Please respond back if u can!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hate to be so persistent, but I'm not understanding why I have yet to here back from someone about my questions... I'm staying up waiting for a reply, and the other people's questions I reviewed were answered a lot more promptly.... Please respond back ASAP, or cancel the charges on my debit card!
Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.

I apologize that no one has responded to your question sooner. Different experts come online at various times. I just came online and saw your question. My name is ***** ***** I’m a biologist with a special interest in reptiles. I'm sorry to hear of this incident. I suspect the reason no one else responded to you is that the only way to get help for your dragon would be to take him to a vet. The vet tech already gave you appropriate first aid measures. I didn't want you to think you are being ignored, but that is the only advice I can give you, too.

I hope by now the digestive problem cleared up on its own.

If you want, let me know how he's doing, and ask any other questions you may have. Again, I apologize for the lack of a response.