Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

I have the same problem. I have a 40 gallon tank about half

Customer Question

I have the same problem. I have a 40 gallon tank about half full, yes I have a filter, I am feeding the two turtles shrimp and tetra repot in. The turtle with the slime is 1 1/2 inch (Magazine) and the other one is almost one inch (Purry). I do have heating and UVB lighting for basking. We just cleaned the tank one week ago and used Zoomed reptisafe drops in the water. Also put in a piece of the conditioning turtle for their shells.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Anna replied 12 months ago.

I apologize that no one has responded to your question sooner. Different experts come online at various times. I just came online and saw your question. My name is ***** ***** I’m a biologist with a special interest in reptiles. I'm afraid I don't have access to the problem you are referring to when you say you have the same problem. There are millions of questions and answers on JustAnswer, and teh only way for me to find the one you've been reading would be for you to send me a link. So some additional information will be useful.

Is the slime on the shell, the skin, or both?

What is the temperature under the basking light and in the water?

What brand and size is your UVB light?

Thank you.