Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

My ball python was bit by a rat he was feeding on 2 weeks

Customer Question

My ball python was bit by a rat he was feeding on 2 weeks ago. He is now swollen in the right maxilla and is open mouth breathing. I KNOW I need to get him to a veterinarian but no one is pie and the two emergency hospitals don't have a doctor on staff that sees snakes. Please help. I just need advice on what to do until a doctor who sees them is working. I'm a licensed veterinary technician so I am capable of a little more than someone not in the field.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years but I hold special interest in reptiles and reptile rescue. Can you post a picture of the area so I can see what we are dealing with?

Joan