Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

My African clawed water frog is floating on the top of the

Customer Question

My African clawed water frog is floating on the top of the tank kind of lopsided, and moving once and a great while. She has a couple sores on her back, and her skin seems like it is becoming translucent. The pet store told me possibly because of her advanced age, she could just be stressed from the recent cleaning of her tank, and possibly the good bacteria that is needed in her tank could have been lost. They suggested just adding food like minnows to the tank because she possibly could be sick of the same old diet. On their advice I got 8 minnows, drained the water from the store. and added them to the tank. She is not bloated any, and has moved a bit more, but is still very lethargic. what do I do what could be wrong
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in Reptiles and reptile rescue.

Can you post a picture of the frog and the sores?

Is the frog bloated at all?

Please remove the minnows from the tank.

Joan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She actually passed shortly after I posted, before receiving your reply. I do not require your services any longer. May I please have a refund on my paypal account
Thank you