Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

My little turtle has not eat and she's very weak. I tried

Customer Question

Hi Anna, my little turtle has not eat for days and she's very weak. I tried all kinds of food but she's not eating. Yesterday night when I put her on my palm, she still opens her mouth but this morning, she did not move at all.. her four limbs and head are all out. Her eyes are not sunken and her body is still soft. Is she dead? I'm very upset now.. please help me.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. Thank you for requesting me. I'm sorry to hear of your turtle's problem. Because we can't see them breathe, it can be very difficult to tell if a turtle is dead or alive. I can tell how upset you are, and I want to help you, but it may be too late. It appears you have been reading signs of death, and Salad has several of them. I'm going to give you something to try. Get some Pedialyte (yes, the kind for human infants). Prepare a shallow bath consisting of half Pedialite and half water. Soak her for about 20 minutes. You'll need to hold her head out of the water. After the soak, place her under her basking light. The temperature there should be 85*F to 90*F. After about 30 minutes, check for any signs of life. Go ahead and do these things, then come back and let me know what happens. I hope she is still alive. Anna

Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. Did you get any results last night?

Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Salad. How is everything going?
Anna