Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  35+ years experience as veterinary tech and 40+ years experience doing reptile rescues.
5071285

My Ball Python appears to have retained scales over the

Customer Question

My Ball Python appears to have retained scales over the eyes. I have read that some eye drops made for humans can be beneficial in removing them. Can anyone advise me as to the type of drops to try? Thank you.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet Tech for 30+ years with special interest in reptiles and reptile rescue Retained eye caps can be a problem. You can try some Plain Saline eye drops to help loosen them up. Soaking the snake in warm water a couple of times a day deep enough to cover your snake's body (make sure to monitor) may help the eye caps come off. This goes over the eye caps and information that can help remove them. I do suggest if the soaks and Saline eye drops do not help to have a Vet remove them and go over your husbandry to see if there may be something going on that has caused the problem. http://www.anapsid.org/eyeshed.html If I have addressed your concerns, please take a moment to rate my service 5 Stars.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

I wanted to check in on your ball Python. I hope the information I gave you on the retaine eye caps has helped to have your snake doing better. Please let me know if you found my information helpful.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Joan