Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

My bearded dragon is acting very lethargic and just laying

Customer Question

My bearded dragon is acting very lethargic and just laying there, his breathing looks labored.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. I apologize that no one responded to your question sooner. Different experts come on at various times. I just logged on and saw your question. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with a special interest in reptiles. I'm sorry to hear that Spike is ill. From what you have described, I suspect she will need to be seen by a reptile vet, but if you'll give me a little more information, I'll be able to give you some measures to help him in the meantime. What are the temperatures under the basking light, and on the cool side of the enclosure?

Has he been passing droppings? What substrate do you use on the cage floor? What brand and size of UVB light do you have? How old is the bulb? Thank you.