Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

I have a sick turtle 3 weeks now he's very lethargic one of

Customer Question

I have a sick turtle for about 3 weeks now he's very lethargic one of his eyes is swollen shut I have took him to the vet and he's on an antibiotic he's had 3 injections already and his eye is still swollen even after the antibiotics prescribed for his eye as well that the vet gave me..I feel that she doesn't even know herself what the problem is and just keeps takung my money I wanted to know if you would be able to help me out.
Category: Reptile
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been force feeding baby food veggies with a syringe and works but I have to hold his neck gently in order for me to give to him otherwise he just stares at it he still lethargic even after meds and eye drops for eyes but nothing please is he gonna be OK anytime soon its going on a month and I took him the first week I saw the signs
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special ineterst in Reptiles and Reptile Rescue.

Can you tell me if the Vet is a reptile specialist?

Type of turtle?

Set up?

Diet?

UVB light, linear tube or compact coil, strength, age of bulb and brand?

Supplemnets?

Filtration?

Joan