Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

How do you get berta to eatdo you just leave it in s dish

Customer Question

how do you get berta to eatdo you just leave it in his dish till he eats
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with a special interest in reptiles. I would like to help you today, but some additional information will be useful. What kind of reptile is Berta? What do you feed him? What temperatures do you maintain under the basking light and on the cool side of the enclosure? How long have you had this problem of him not eating? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
berta is an african spur tortoise we got him seven years ago the biology dept at my daughters school couldent keep him so we took him he eats romaine lettuce english muffins dandelions and bananas he sleeps on an electric blanket we live in new england and it gets vary cold he roams rthe hpouse and lays by the wood stove he wears a diaper and gets showers him not eating started two weeks ago he got some bad lettuce and threw up hes feelin better and has just started eating lettuce and water he is poopin and peeing i cover him at night with a big comforter along withthe electric blanket how do i get him to eat other greens just leave it in the dish
Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.

I see that my colleague, Joan, has already helped you with this. I can't give you any advice other than what she told you. Berta is cold and the foods he's getting are not adequate. I can only suggest that you follow Joan's advice. I will opt out of your question in case someone else has other ideas. I hope Berta will recover.