Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  35+ years experience as veterinary tech and 20+ years experience doing reptile rescues.
5071285

Tonight I noticed that my male 3-year old leopard gecko had

Customer Question

Tonight I noticed that my male 3-year old leopard gecko had pooped and the poop looked normal (brown with white urate which was very fresh), but it was surrounded by what I assume is urine but I have never noticed a pool of urine before with previous droppings. The yellow pool was about the size of a half-dollar coin. I always thought the white part of the poop was the urine but I could be wrong. The substrate that I have, which is reptile carpeting, had not yet absorbed the yellow liquid so it was still a standing pool of it. Was this yellow pool actually urine? I smelled it after I had absorbed it into a paper towel and it smelled like it could be urine... I'm not sure if it is normal and have just never seen it before, or if it is something else.... Could you please advise?
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in reptiles and reptile rescue. What you did see was urine. We sometimes will see excessive secretions when the pass stool and that is usually stool and not urine. The stool was actually loose, which could indicate a parasite bloom, or it could have been some of the feeders were not good. I would keep an eye on the stools. Normal stool is a bit wet, but this should like it was too wet and as I say may have indicted an upset stomach or a parasite bloom. May be wise to have a Fecal sample run on Irie.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

How is your Gecko doing? I wanted to check in nd see if you had a fecal sample run.

Joan