Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  35+ years experience as veterinary tech and 20+ years experience doing reptile rescues.
5071285

We got a new slider from petsmart a few weeks ago. As a

Customer Question

Hello, we got a new slider from petsmart a few weeks ago. As a friend for our other turtle, Houdini. The worms are white worms and about a half inch long. They both seem very lethargic. Is there anything I can do besides taking it to a vet.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in Reptiles and Reptile Rescue. Since you are dealing with a parasite a Herp Vet visit is needed. It may be one of 3 parasites. Round worm, Pin worm or tape worms. It is important to take the worm an a stool sample into the Herp Vet for analysis. I would be sure if handling anything pertaining to the turtles to wash your hands well as some parasites like Pin worms can be gotten by the handlers. If you do not have a Herp Vet please let me know and I can locate some for you with a State.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
Hi Munira,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Haily. How is everything going?
Joan