Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  35+ years experience as veterinary tech and 20+ years experience doing reptile rescues.
5071285

My 11/2 yr old painted I got a week ago, all he does is pace

Customer Question

my 11/2 yr old painted I got a week ago, all he does is pace back and forth along the front of the tank, hitting him head and and front feet like he is trying to escape. why?
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in Reptiles and Reptile Rescue. I need to ask some questions to best assist you. Please do not rate until I give you an answer in full.

Can you tell me about the set up?

UVB Light, linear tube or compact coil, strength, and brand?

Basking light?

Supplements?

Filtration?

Temps?

Diet?

Are you sure it is a male?

Joan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he has lights but no heater or at basking light, he has a basking rock, gravel, filter some rocks and a fake plant. the tank is 16 gallons
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

I need to know more about the lighting, since that can have great bearing on how the turtle acts. I also need to know the diet and supplements and if you have filtration. All of these questions answered can hep me to best assist you.

Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Joan