Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  35+ years experience as veterinary tech and 20+ years experience doing reptile rescues.
5071285

My red eared slider, approx. 20 years old, was ok yesterday

Customer Question

My red eared slider, approx. 20 years old, was ok yesterday but this morning was very lethargic, and limp.
It was newly acquired about a month ago from a friend. Put ion with my other 25 year old turtle. Attacked by raccons 2 weeks ago, saved them and put in swimming pool for a few days, then back in pond. Take out every night and lock up in shed in container of water. Huge stress I think. Just making a raccon safe shelter for them today. Put both turtle under a heat lamp in change room for now but worried.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with interest in Reptiles and Reptile Rescue. I need to ask a few questions to better assist you. Please do not rate my service until I give you an answer.

Can you tell e when inside do they have a UVB Bulb?

What is the diet being fed?

Is the turtle moving at all?

If you pinch the back foot, does it retract it?

Joan