Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  35+ years experience as veterinary tech and 40+ years experience doing reptile rescues.
5071285

My younger bro got a snake as a gift, I want to know what it

Customer Question

My younger bro got a snake as a gift, I want to know what it is. Can I send a pic?
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special ineterst in Reptiles and Reptile Rescue. It looks like your brother was given a Garter Snake. This snake does well in a 40 gallon breeder tank with an aspen bedding. The diet would be small frozen thawed prey. It is good a couple of times a week to dust the prey with a plain calcium powder. Make sure the the temps are controlled and kept steady for digestion. This is a link for a care sheet to help with the snake. http://www.reptilesmagazine.com/Garter-Snake-Care-Sheet/ This is a great starter Reptile and fairly hardy and easy to care for.

If I have addressed your concerns please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars. If you need help hit reply.

Joan