Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

I have a veiled chameleon. I found m on the coroner of the

Customer Question

I have a veiled chameleon. I found him on the coroner of the floor bright green with eyes closed this afternoon. He hates it when I touch him, so when I touch his tail he squirms a little but normally he hisses at me and he hates the bottom of the cage. The cage is taller than me and he's been falling a lot. Also when I touched his tail it was Ice cold. He's not shedding properly. I'm not sure if need to warm him up or if he's in shock or if he hit the ground n got hurt. A cricket went towards his face an hour ago and he arched his back up and moved his face but thats the most he's moved he's now crawled into the corner of his cage and hasn't moved.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with a special interest in reptiles. I'm sorry to hear of this problem. Some additional information will be useful.
What brand and size of UVB light do you have? How old is the bulb?
What temperatures do you maintain under the basking light and on the cool side of the cage?
What do you feed him? Any supplements?
Thank you.
Anna