Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

About two months ago I bought an Emerald tree boa from

Customer Question

About two months ago I bought an Emerald tree boa from Global Exotic Pets in Canada. The snake has not eaten. It was supposed to be eating frozen thawed chicks and apparently has always refused mice and rats. I have tried chicken chicks, quail chicks, a live mouse, thawed mice. I also have tried a live finch and a gecko. It just has no interest in eating at all. No feed response. It just moves it head away when you offer the food. It is in an Exo-Terra 24x18x24. The hotspot is at 85F and the snake has 6 perches to choose from. I have covered the sides and back with black construction paper to help it feel more secure. I also covered 3/4 of the screen top to help keep the humdity up. Any help would be appreciated.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in reptiles and reptile rescue. I have been asked to assist you.
Is the snake eating yet?
Have you tried feeding after dark?
Do you warm the food up?
Do you know when the last stool was done?
Do you have a Herp Vet if needed?
Joan