Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

Okay so my name is and i am a loving owner of 3 bearded

Customer Question

Okay so my name is ***** ***** i am a loving owner of 3 bearded dragons and my full grown scar is in perfect condition and currently byrmating and i have 2 other babys who were bought 18 days apart because i had a problem with my first baby dragon skylar he wasnt eating for 7 days straight but he never lost his up beat attitude he was never lathargic he just didnt want crickets he ran around like a perfectly normal dragon so i took him to the vet to get looked at after the 6th day because in a new environment they dont eat sometimes because of stress but he ate right away and he wasnt ill ill so i thought no sign of parasite and the vet didnt ask for a stool sample, any way so after the vet i bought him a friend her name is ***** ***** i thought maybe he was lonely and she was perfectly health and fat and she was fine for maybe 2 weeks but as skylar started eating, iris didnt stop but slowed down a noticeable amount and so their in my room with me and i eatch bejavour* very closely because im intuitive, and i never let one dominate the other their quite attached actually and if skyalr ever sits on iris i just move him and he stays there, anyway so i got their stool samples checked(not skylars because i didnt have a fresh one that day) but even scar i woke up to get him to stool and he had nothing, iris on the other hand had alot of coccina i think it spelled and the vet gave me "albon suspension" for ten days at diffent mg, because of weight difference anyway 11th day and shes still lathargic, i keep her warm but she just moves behind skylar to get in the shade, i have been feeding her my mouth dropper for about a month now of "carnivore care" teice a day its a powder i keep in the freezer smells kinda like baby food anyway please if you have an answer or anything help me
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.
Hello Jason, and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with a special interest in reptiles. I'm sorry to hear of these problems. Some additional information will be useful.
Am I correct that all three share a cage, or do only Iris and Skylar live together?
What temperatures do you maintain under the basking light and on the cool side of the cage?
What brand and size of UVB light do you have? How old is the bulb?
What do you normally feed them? Any supplements?
What substrate do you use on the floor?
Is Skylar passing any droppings at all?
Thank you.
Anna
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi anna so no scar is in his own seperate cage he is full grown, skylar and iris share a cage, i dont have a temp on their basking spot because ive done this for years and i know how the rodeo is, i know its kinda silly i wouldnt say careless because im here and ive dealth with so many vets and none of them gave me the answer i want, i know the temp is at least 95° f roughly there about 3 or 4 inchs away from the light deneding on the day i let them lay on some clean shirts i use for them so i can measure their temps and remove a shirt if i feel theyve had enough heat, the cool size is as cool as it gets i have a small ufo for them to sit on over there and a water bowl, pretty much the same set up i used for scar when he was growing up, i am out atm so i dont know the exact brand but atm i use a 75w basking repti bulb, and uvb i use a 100w or 75w and their nice up under that too, im a very safe and carefull owner thats why scar is so health and nice, i use paper towels i clean daily i work either in the am or at night but i just graduated so still live at home so i have my mother and grandparents and brother who make sure everything is how i like it when i have to go off, the odd thing is, skylar remember was never sick to my knowledge other than the not eating crickets witch ended up passing, and after he started eating again ( about a good month ago id say) my 5 days after treatment with the critical care he ate again and i occasionally gave him some of the ceitical care because the nutrition it has just in small amount to keep levels steady, and now at the current moment and how it been for the last month skylar is health as can be im astoned, even before the parasite treatment he was eating again and ive read that medicine can make their appeite* deminish because it kills all bacteria even the ones that make them hungry, he ate like a champ all through that, when i get home i will take a fresh picture of the set up and the 2 dragons you will be able to see the differnce, anyway i know the housing is perfect i would settle nothing less for them but its the fact she move out the the heataybe 45 seconds after sitting there and some times i move her to the side cause it might be to hot for her and now syklar but evem then when i know shes getting heat but still a distance away to not be fully hot she still moves
Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.
Jason, I can tell you love your dragons very much, but I do have some concerns. I suspect your temperatures are not warm enough for the two younger ones. Star should not be brumating in the summer. At this time of year, a lethargic dragon is usually a sick dragon. I'm also concerned that you may not have a UVB light at all. But I'll wait till you get home so you can send me pictures and the brand on your light. You can upload photos by clicked no on the paper clip icon in the tool bar at the top of the REPLY field. Instructions will pop up. We'll proceed from there.
Anna
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
First of scar is a fully healthly dragon ive done my research hes house in a house the temp is always the same except under the lamp, some bearded dragons kept in captivity do not go through brumation, due to its environment and scar recently reached the age where said brumation is possible, he didnt show any signs of brumation untill i weend him off cricket and fed him kale with dragon bites, and scar didnt really show any signs untill i brough another, male skylar into the room he started bobing bears turning black, normal signs of territoral behaviors and then i noticed sogns of brumation ive had him checked out and his bill of health and his size youd be sprised when i say hes the best, ***** ***** scars information in to let you k ow im experieced im not lookig for housing advice and things like that, iris is critically ill and ive kept her going and loving on her for a long time under the vets advice for medication, i do everything perfect if you dont trust me those arent all my draogns i didnt mention the other to because again is irrelevant to iris, i got 2 malnurished bearded dragons from people that left town with them in someone elses care and they didnt take care of them so i took in the 2 dragons and they are in seperate cages and i always thoroughly before touching each seperate dragon, and i compeltely rehabilitated monty and im working on godrick the not sick one but was still neglected on his attitude because he was very meam and has bitten me but i have curbed most of it and now hes just kimda skish but that will deminish in time, any way, i wake scar up maybe once every 2 weeks or so some times he gets up on his own to bath and see whats going on, but in the end brumates again, my main concern is iris please its not my housing and ive treated her for the parasite, if the housing wasnt sufficeint i would notice unusuall behavor from both, and iris wouldny consciously move out of the heat to get in the shade or randomly pass out while skylar basks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You can see where the uvb is and the heat light is its all fine like i said done this for years, but you can see where the concentraded heat is on the pillow case and nether of them are actuallyy right under neath it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Those are the 2 brands i use those are just spares, but the ones the babys have are fresh 75w in both lamps the 100w is too big for my lamp holder and there in no need before iris stopped eating i fed them calcuim powder skylar still gets it since he eats and i some times make a solution for iris with warm water and calcuim powder to supply some sort of d3 and calcium
Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the photos. There is a big difference between Iris and Skylar. You've already treated for bacterial parasites. But now you've stated that you don't want information on husbandry, vets have 't been much help, and no bullying is going on. That doesn't leave much room to help. If Iris were mine, I would have her back to the vet for blood work to make sure her internal organs are all right. I don't think I can help you given all the circumstances. I'm going to opt out of your question, which opens it up to other experts. Perhaps someone else may have ideas.
I hope Iris will be fine.
Anna
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can you just opt out of questions i will not be paying for this if yhats the help i get you have no expert advice like seriously no know knows whats wrong with my baby? I didnt say i didnt want advice but i didnt qant to be told i was doing something wrong because i assure you im not
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Refund me or conect me to another expert please
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in Reptiles and Reptile rescue.
Anna was giving you some great information. Husbandry is usually 98% of the problem when a Dragon gets sick. I can see flaw in what I have read so far, which includes diet and temperatures. The fact that Anna has told you Scar should not be brumating right now is correct. It is the wrong time of year and the temperatures are too warm for brumation. If you were in Australia, I could say it is normal since winter there, but the summer Dragons do not brumate, so I feel there is something more going on. I have been doing this work for over 35 years.
Joan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay then please enlighten me because its all signs of brumation he has no signs of malnurishment, he has an appetiate his colors are fine, his stool sample was complete bacteria and parasite free
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
http://beardeddragontales.blogspot.com/2012/08/all-about-brumation.html?m=1 this article completely backs up brumation in other times of the year, i brought home a baby dragon and that kicked in his insticts as well as me weening him of crickets, some dont even brumate some do some only in the winter some every year the same time anytime of the year
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry I cannot assist you. You are reading blogs which is just peoples opinion and not based in fact. I will submit this for a refund.

Sorry I cannot assist you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please do none of you obviously know what your talking about, when this whole article was on my baby dragon iris, eho i now presume has adv but yea good diagnostic "expert"