Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

Joan,My red eared slider turtle is five yrs old looks really

Customer Question

Hi Joan,this is Connie.My red eared slider turtle is five yrs old looks really healthy,but in the last week he has been sitting on his rock under the lamp alot and not eating.My other slider is a little bigger and is very healthy no problems.Could my one big sick.When should I worry.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

Thank-you for requesting me. I have been a Vet Tech for 30+ years with special interest in Reptiles and Reptile Rescue.

Can you tell me about the Enclosure?

Diet Prey/Veggies?

Supplements?

UVB light, linear tube or compact coil, age of bulb strength and brand?

Any runny nose, open mouth breathing or other signs of a Respiratory issues

Basking light?

Joan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
100 gal fish tank,2 heaters,2 fitter systems a place where they can get out of the water to sun under there uvb light 50 watt only on half of the day.I change 3/4 of water once a month.I use spring water.When he is in the water he doesn't swim funny,no runny nose no open mouth just if I pick him up then he tries to bite.He looks fine.I got them when they were the size of a Quater now the size is 6'inch long head to tail and about 4 and a half wide.Something like that.My other one is alittle bigger.Night crawlers and Collard greens,Kale. some fruit not very much for a treat.I have given Vitamins to them in the past not lately.Can't find at this moment.
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

Thank-you Can you post a picture of the Bulbs? I suspect that you do not have a UVB and I need to know if yo do. UVB are not rated in Wattage.