Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

I saw a snake in my only bathroom. I am a little freaked

Customer Question

I saw a snake in my only bathroom. I am a little freaked out. I put on some shoes & got my phone to take a picture & it was not where I saw it. It can get under my bath door. It would be onto carpeting. Help me! I live in Kalamazoo in the city in southwest Michigan. I am afraid to look for it. It was in the corner behind my toilet. Where would it go?
It was pretty short but it looked like a disproportionately large triangular head. The truth is I got out of there as quickly as possible. It was folded back on itself like a "Z" only pushed together. Its width was 2-3 inches as folded. 2 folds. head looked 1.5 inches long & maybe .75 inch wide at largest. Why would it disappear? I live alone & have never dealt with a snake in my house. It looked brown. I did not go real close to it. I was hoping for a photo to get a good description.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

Thank-you for requesting me.

Can you tell me if the snake was solid in color or had a pattern?

Do you live near water or brush?

Sorry I have to ask this : Have you had any problems with mice?

Do you have a doggie door?

Can you give me a better description of color?

Joan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Joan, It was not a snake. My neighbor came over & looked. So sorry. No mice, no doggie door, but I do have a small pond in my back yard. I thought maybe that was the problem.So sorry. I think I can sign off now.
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

Thank-you I will have question closed.