Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

My bearded dragon is 8 months old and 19 inches I alwAys

Customer Question

My bearded dragon is 8 months old and 19 inches I alwAys hear he is huge is he normal size?
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with a special interest in reptiles.
Bearded dragons grow at different rates, depending on genetics, temperatures in the environment, and food. For that reason there is no absolute normal. However, there are average sizes. Average for a male at 6 months is about 17 inches. At this site, you can see some average sizes:
http://www.dachiubeardeddragons.com/dragoncare/growthcharts.html
If you have more questions, let me know in a REPLY. I hope you and Spike enjoy many years together.
Anna
Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,
Do you need additional information? If so, let me know what you need.
If you're satisfied with the information you've received, please take a moment to rate my service. I don't receive credit for my time until you do. Thank you very much.
I hope Spike is thriving for you.
Anna