Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

My turtle has a small hole on its shell, it looks like the

Customer Question

My turtle has a small hole on its shell, it looks like the size of a bb. It has not been active or eating, just laying.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in Reptiles and Reptile Rescue.

Can you tell me about the set up?

Diet?

Supplements?

UVB light, age of bulb, strength, linear tube or compact coil, and brand?

Basking light?

Is the turtle housed alone?

Any open mouth breathing, runny nose, bubbles from nose or mouth?

Joan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Waiting for you to call, My turtle has a hole in her shell.None of this applies to her
My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in Reptiles and Reptile Rescue.Can you tell me about the set up?Diet?Supplements?UVB light, age of bulb, strength, linear tube or compact coil, and brand?Basking light?Is the turtle housed alone?Any open mouth breathing, runny nose, bubbles from nose or mouth?Joan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you going to call me
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

I requested a picture of the shell where the hole is ad you stated the turtle is not active or eating which can indicate there ma be a problem with the husbandry. I would like to get the information before committing to a phone call so I can fully assist you. Please answer the questions so I can best assist you and please post a picture. I will be happy to assess the situation because some of the information may require me to write it down. I do need to let you know the site does charge extra for the phone calls, and I do not handle any financial issues. That is governed by the site.