Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

Iam Donna I have several lizards

Customer Question

Hi Iam Donna I have several lizards some have been rescued two just last weekend. a little leopard gecko. He has a terrible shred problem. which I handled with soaks and humidity hides. but he started againthree days later...but thats not the big problem..its his eyes.there is junk over and in themit doesnt look like skin exactly but maybe if it was thicker . my vet told me to use the stuf I use for mouth rot on his eyes but nnot sure of that.Isnt workng any way. Thank you Donna
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Thank-you for requesting me. I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in Reptiles and Reptile Rescue.Can you post a picture of the Leopard gecko where the problems are so I can see and assess what is going on?Is the Vet you has seen a Herp Vet? Do they have experience with retained shed in the eyes?What medication did they suggest using in the eyes?Joan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Iam sorry Ill just cancel there is too much info I dont have and there is no vet for reptiles around here sorry for bothering you.
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
I can locate Herp Vets for you if you need one, but would like to see a picture of the eyes as I suspected retained eye shed.