Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

My painted turtle is pretty listless. Not sure how old she is, water t

Customer Question

My painted turtle is pretty listless. Not sure how old she is, water temp is approx.80, took her outside to let her walk around, not much movement. This is a bait shop, she eats farm raised minnows and night crawlers.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Thank-you for requesting me. I have been a Vet Tech for 30+ years with special interest in Reptiles and Reptile Rescue. Can you tell me if you have a UVB light, age of bulb, brand, strength and is it a Linear tube or compact coil?Supplements?Any Veggies Fed?Basking light?Joan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am afraid that she has a fluorescent light above the aquarium, no vegetables, or supplements. She has been very active until last Saturday.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would take her out and walk her, she would be very active in the back yard. We live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Not that many warm days.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am sorry had a power outage from a storm and may not stay on. How old is the UVB bulb? Strength and Brand?Joan