Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

My brother gave me a bearded dragon birthday, he is

Customer Question

My brother gave me a bearded dragon for my birthday, he is a male and is just over a yr and a half. I have had him for three weeks now.! Ive been reading a bunch of info but a lot contradicts what the other sites say, im getting a little confused:( how often can i give him fruit as he loves it? I have calcium supplement and have been giving him crickets daily. How often should i give vitamin sup? For the first time he was aggitated and puffed up, i gave him a bath as i always do and he did poop. I live pretty isolated and drive an hr and a half to buy crickets weekly but this week they ran out so i bought mealworms, could this be why he wasnt happy and was off yesterday. Also he is trying to hide behind folage in his tank?? Idk... He isnt puffed up anymore but is still acting off. How many mealworms should i feed him daily? Help giggle thank you for any help:)
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in Reptiles and Reptile Rescue.Can you tell me bout the set up?Diet Veggies type?Supplements?Temps in basking area, warm side and cool side? How measured?Substrate?UVB bulb, strength, linear tube or compact coil, age of bulb and brand?Joan