Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

I have a small box turtle, when found she had blood in her

Customer Question

I have a small box turtle, when found she had blood in her mouth, and some dried on her head and leg. There does not seem to be evidence of injury on her body.
She is peeing and pooping ok, so I am thinking probably some internal injury - to stomach/lungs. She is moving around good, and seems to breathe steadyly. Is there anything I can do?
thank you
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in reptiles and Reptile Rescue.Did you check nails and beak for any injury? Is there any shell injury?Any wheezing?Any blood in the stool?Joan