Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

My little hatchling tortoise is very sick, he won't eat sleeps

Customer Question

My little hatchling tortoise is very sick, he won't eat sleeps all the time eyes always shut. very limp. I have brought up his tank humidity to 70 and constant temp of 93. soaking in warm water for 15 minutes every single day. what could be wrong?? I am just devastated. breeder said it could be hatchling sack syndrome. and will die. what can I do to help him to live and eat and thrive? or is it too late?
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in Reptiles and reptile rescue.Can you please pinch a back foot and tell me if you get any resistance or movement?Can you please poke the tail and see if he will bring his head out?Where was he purchased from?Can you tell me all about the set up?Joan