Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  35+ years experience as veterinary tech and 20+ years experience doing reptile rescues.
5071285

If my ball python gets loose will he to outside?

Customer Question

Category: Reptile
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If my ball python gets loose will he go outside?
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in reptiles and reptile rescue.Can you tell me if the snake did get loose or is this Hypothetical?If loose what is the weather like?What is the area like?Joan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He got loose and its hot out here and muggy i live in Burnaby bc and there's a Bush right outside my house under my balcony.
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
Hi,The Ball Python can survive in warmer humid weather, but the problem problem is when the snake gets hungry he may go after squirrels or other small animals in the area. You could set up a small cage with a mouse in it and put near the bush where he can small it and you may be able to catch him that way. Make sure to notify the local animal care and control and place notices up around the neighborhood. May people see a snake and may try to kill it, so it is very important to let people know it is a pet to protect his safety. He will come out in the evening to lay on hot pavement to stay warm at night, so you will want to look as it gets dark in the evening. You best bet is a caged prey to try and get his attention and recapture him. Please get notices up so people know you are looking for him. If I have addressed your concerns, please take a moment to rate my service Positive or if you have further questions, please hit reply.Joan
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
Hello,I am checking in to see if you have had any luck in finding your Ball Python? I hope the information supplied I supplied gave you a little peace of mind and may has led you to finding your snake.Joan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No have not found him but yhanks for your help
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Do not give up on finding him. Check the Animal shelter and notify the local police station in case they get a snake call. Put up posters as well in case someone spots the snake. I have seen them found after a year of being missing. Do not give up hope.Please take a moment to Rate my service so I can be compensated for my times and answers.Joan
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Lucifer. How is everything going?

Joan