Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

My sons baby leopard gecko escaped into my dashboard in the

Customer Question

my sons baby leopard gecko escaped into my dashboard in the car while travelling. We lost sight of him 14 hours ago. How can we coax him out?
I have placed the car in a dark garage, tried cricket noise app on my phone. Had his red light on the top of the terrarium with the towel and waxworms in the terrarium. Even turned on A/C to make the car cooler to try and force him out toward the heat lamp and food.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Camille and I’m a moderator for this topic. We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of our Experts? Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question. Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal. Thank you, Camille~Moderator
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The gecko is still missing, but I have been able to research more. I'm extremely disappointed that I've waited as long as I have and paid a full $43.00 for nothing.
Will I be receiving a refund? I paid for an urgent answer with high priority.
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry you had to wait for an answer. It was just turned over to me and I was asked to assist you.
I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in Reptiles and Reptile Rescue.
You have done all that you can do with the exception of a warmed towel from the clothes drier in the floor board of the car. This may or may work. They are drawn to warm material. I had two escape and used this method. My greatest fear is that he may have gotten into the engine compartment and into the garage so you may want to set some areas up in the garage.
Please let me know if you find it. Joan