Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  35+ years experience as veterinary tech and 20+ years experience doing reptile rescues.
5071285

I have a Russian tortoise. He is sneezing with huge amounts

Customer Question

I have a Russian tortoise. He is sneezing with huge amounts of mucous he coughs and sometimes squeals. Should I take him to the emergency vet
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in Reptiles an and Reptile Rescue.What you have described is a sever respiratory infection and and will need to be addressed by a Herp Vet asap. If you do not have a Herp Vet I can locate one with a State. It is important that he be seen asap. This is something that will require Antibiotics. These tortoise can easily go into Pneumonia, so treatment is needed hands on by The Herp Vet.Joan
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Mortimer. How is everything going?
Joan
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Just checking in to see how your tortoise is doing and to see if the Vet has treated him with some medication. I like to follow up and make sure all are doing well.Joan