Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

I have a red ear slider turtle and his ( i believe is a male) have been swollen da

Customer Question

I have a red ear slider turtle and his ( i believe is a male) have been swollen for two days. He can't see. I did a thorough cleaning of his tank and i have not seen the swelling go down. What should I do?
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Thank-you for requesting me. I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in reptiles and Reptile rescue.Can you tell me about the set up?Diet?Supplements?UVB light, linear tube or compact coil, strength, age of bulb and brand?Is it just the eyes that are swollen?Joan