Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

I have a one year old leopard gecko that refuses to eat

Customer Question

Hi. I have a one year old leopard gecko that refuses to eat and one eye barely opens. He has also always had some sort of bubble on hus abdomin that expands at specific times around eating. It seems to be fluid filled. He is the runt out of the two hatchlings I had. His brother is big and healthy. They are in seperate cages. Not sure whats up
Category: Reptile
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Michelle-mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Michelle and I'm a moderator for this topic.
We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the Experts?
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.
Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.
Thank you,
Michelle~Moderator
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in Reptiles and Reptile Rescue.
Can you tell me about the set up?
Diet?
Supplements?
Moist hide?
Substrate/bedding?
Is the gecko passing stool?
Temps?
Heat source?
How long has the gecko been off food?
Last shed?
Can you please post a picture of the abdomen? This will help give me an idea of what is happening.
Joan