Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  35+ years experience as veterinary tech and 20+ years experience doing reptile rescues.
5071285

Can you put blond african frogs in the same aquarium as the

Customer Question

can you put blond african frogs in the same aquarium as the brown frogs i mean the dwarf species?
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
Thank-you for requesting me. I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with interest in Reptiles and Reptile Rescue.
You can house them together in one tank, but I do need to warn you that the Albino Frogs do get much bigger(they are not dwarf frogs) than the Brown frogs which are African Dwarf frogs, If the Albino grow too large and are not kept well fed they can become aggressive and cannibalistic and go after the Dwarf African frogs, so you may want to use this criteria on basing whether you want to attempt to house both species together in one tank. You will also need to consider tank size when housing both species, since they will need a bigger area for the Albino frogs.
If I have addressed you concerns, please take a moment to rate my service Positive, so I can be compensated for my time and answers.
Joan