Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

I found a very slow moving female Western Fence Lizard in my

Customer Question

I found a very slow moving female Western Fence Lizard in my Scaramento, CA office. Those guys hang out in the bushes outside my office, but this one had somehow made it inside. She was very fat, either due to pregnancy or a large meal, I didn't know which at the time. She was way too easy to catch, so I felt I should try to keep her safe until she either digested her meal or rested up for egg-laying. I have her safe at home in a terrrarium with a herp lamp, meal worms, etc. She's been here for a week, and tonight has laid 2 eggs so far. My kids and I had a Leopard Gecko for a pet for several years, and that's the extent of my knowledge. Any advice for how to help the new lizard mom keep her eggs safe? She's on sand at the moment.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet Tech for 30+ years with special interest in reptiles and reptile rescue.
Can you tell me what type of lighting you have? Do you have a UVB light, linear tube or compact coil, strength, age of bulb and brand?
Basking bulb?
Any supplements?
Are the eggs still in with mom?
Substrate?
Any more eggs since last post?
Joan