Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

I have a bearded dragon I'm taking care of at

Customer Question

.I have a bearded dragon I'm taking care of at my job the bearded dragon has swollen eyes and crust over the eyes also crossed over his mouth he is very skinny and I do not see him moving around or eating any of his foodI have taken him to the vet a few months ago and it was told that he has parasites. I am Not sure if my employers have been keeping up with his treatment I had to leave to go to school and now that summer is in I am back at the job. I have taken the bearded dragon home to work on him personally. I have been giving him sea buckthorn oiland I have also been soaking him in warm water I have had him for two days now and he has not had a bowel movement at all and he it seems but he does not eat his food either the food is a mixture of frozen vegetables and turtle food I do not want to continue giving him this food I rather give him fresh food but with all that I have shared please share any suggestions that you may have thank you very much
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in Reptiles and Reptile rescue.
Can you tell me what type of UVB light you are using, strength, age of bulb, is it a linear tube or compact coil and brand?
Basking light?
Temps in basking area, warm side and cool side?
What size is tank?
Substrate?
Supplement?
Has the Dragon been eating?
Is the stool normal?
How long has this been going on?
Joan