Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

Just wondering if you could tell me if I should use API

Customer Question

Hi. Just wondering if you could tell me if I should use API Accu-clear water clarifier in my turtle tank?
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.

I apologize that no one has responded to your question sooner. Different experts come online at various times. I just came online and saw your question. My name is ***** ***** I’m a biologist with a special interest in reptiles.

API Accu-clear water clarifier is safe to use in turtle tanks. However, it may not accomplish what you want, depending on the cause of cloudiness in the water. The Accu-clear causes tiny particles to clump together so the regular filter can remove them. If your filter isn't working properly or if it is too small for your tank, the Accu-clear will just cause the clumped particles to fall to the bottom. API recommends using Accu-clear along with a suitable filter, regular water changes, and vacuuming of debris from the tank bottom. They also caution that using too much of the product can actually make the water more cloudy.

In summary, API Accu-clear is safe for turtle tanks, but needs to be used with other measures to keep the water clear. If you have more questions, let me know in a REPLY. I wish you success in clearing up your tank.

Anna

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Please remember to rate my service only after you have all the information you need. Thank you!
Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Anna