Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

Anna, I have some juvenile sulcatas that I have had time w

Customer Question

Hi Anna, I have some juvenile sulcatas that I have had for some time with no trouble. Suddenly, two of them developed a soft shell, bottom mostly and they had edema on their neck and legs. They were ok a very short time ago when I gave them one of their sun bath soakings. I am sure I have the correct lighting, etc. It appears bacterial? Help Please I am a retired vet tech and have worked with a variety of exotic animals so I am not just a beginner who threw some cute turtles into an acquariumm. The rest seem fine.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in reptiles and reptile rescue. Anna and I work together and she s not available right now. If you would like to wait for her, please let me know, or I can try to assist you, but will need to ask some questions on husbandry and diet.Joan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WHERE IS MY ANSWER??????????? I already asked the question, it says my answer is ready, I can not find it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I give up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please refund my account, I did not receive any services. Sharon Oconner
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
Hello,I think you misunderstood. I was waiting for a reply to see if you wanted to wait for Anna or work with me. As I said I do need to ask some questions to fully be able to assist you.Can you tell me where the tortoises are housed? Outside, Inside in a tank or tortoise table?Substrate being used?Diet?Supplements?Any red on the soft area of the shell?UVB light, how old, linear tube or compact coil, strength and brand?Joan