Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience as veterinary tech and 15+ years experience doing reptile rescues.

Hey Joan, Since we took Spiro to the vet on Tuesday we have

Hey Joan, Since we took Spiro to the vet on Tuesday we have been feeding him the baby prunes along with carnivore care and calcium as ell as soaking him but he still has not pooped yet. They did give him a reptile enigma at the vets office.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

Did he pass any stool with the enema?

Did the Vet give you an idea of what he felt mey be happening?

Is Spiro taking the food willingly?

Joan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes he passed stool with the enima, said we should bring him back for another if he.fiesn't go in ,3,4 days. Says they think he is healthy except for blickage caused by substrate
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

At this point we need to continue the soaks which are very important. You can continue the prunes. The Vet may have to prescribe Lactulose which we give for problems like this or they may give Paraffin which is also used. The massages will also help. Sometimes the prunes are not quite strong enough. The under the tank heat on the abdomen should help too. Joan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Joan,

Not sure why I rated you bad. You have been a great help. Spiro just went to tge bathroom for the first time since his visit. I hope this is the beginning if his system getting back on track. We are very excited!
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

I am so happy to hear that Spiro went on his own! That is great news! I would like to eventually start him on soft bodied feeders. We can discuss that once we know he is back on track and ready to eat. The site gets quirky sometimes and I am here for you and Spiro. Joan

Joan, Veterinary Technician
Experience: 30+ years experience as veterinary tech and 15+ years experience doing reptile rescues.