Joan, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  35+ years experience as veterinary tech and 20+ years experience doing reptile rescues.

Joan, Spiro shed his skin today. We had to help him get

Spiro shed his skin today. We had to help him get it off since he was getting all wrapped up in it. My wife brought him to the reptile vet Sunday but the reptile specialist was not in until tomorrow. So far the warm soaks are helping and they gave us a special food called carnivore care to feed him until we see the specialist tomorrow.

He still has not gone to the bathroom but I think they will be doing an enima tomorrow.

Thanks for all your help.

I am glad he will be seeing the Vet. You can try some baby food prunes, before doing the enema. Give a little prunes, mixed with the calcium. Give it about an hour or two and then do the soak and gently massage the abdomen. We often have a lot of success with the prunes getting things going. Please update me after the Vet visit. Hopefully he is doing better with the calcium and we can beat whatever is wrong. Joan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Joan. We will give that a try.

Hopefully this will help get things moving, but we still need to make sure Spiro is getting the calcium and the Vet does a complete exam. Joan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks again Joan for all your help. We will make sure Spiro gets the full exam.

I will check back in a few days to see how Spiro is doing after his exam. Joan