Joan, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  35+ years experience as veterinary tech and 20+ years experience doing reptile rescues.

my greeck tortiose is blown bubbles out his noses and sneezen

my greeck tortiose is blown bubbles out his noses and sneezen what is wrong ?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Vet Tech with special interest in reptiles and reptile rescue. I need to ask some questions to be able to assist you.

Can you tell me about the habitat? Housed inside or out?

If inside, do you have a UVB Light? How old, florescent tube or compact coil, strength, and brand name?

Basking bulb?

Type of bedding?

State to locate a Herp Vet?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i have him in side i live in montana wood shavings i feed mustard greens ,carrots,celery,squac,apples,grapes,vitiaim d-cal suplumpment and mixed with grassland tortoise food in it. heat lamp _uvb soaking tub and water dish

Thank-you for the information. The symptoms that you have described are those of RNS which is short for Runny Nose Syndrome, which is a respiratory of unknown origin

This can be caused by a bacterial infection, a Fungal infection, or even a Viral infection. In tortoises this will not clear by itself without the proper medication once the Vet has determined what the underlying cause may be. This is some information on RNS: I suggets a Herp Vet visit asap to identify the cause and get Zion started on medication. I would change the wood shavings to dry hay, coconut fiber or even shredded paper. Some woods like Cedar and Pine can be the cause of a respiratory issue and are toxic due to the Phenols contained in the wood.

These are Herp Vets in Montana that treat tortoises: ----- Please let me know if you have further questions. I am here to help you and Zion. My goal is 100% Excellent Sevice. Joan