Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

my snake has a swollen tale at the end. not to sure why. he

my snake has a swollen tale at the end. not to sure why. he can move the very end and the upper part but around his bum section its swollen. when we touch it hes not in any pain at all. how can we treat it. he also managed to cut himself in top of where the swollen part is but its healed now. his poo is also like a green liquid form its not solid in any form what so ever. but he's moving. we have feed him, but he's not wrapping the mice at all hes just eating it. also the smell in his tank smells like acid.

I apologize that no one has responded to your question sooner. Different experts come online at various times. I just came online and saw your question. I'm sorry to hear your snake is having this problem. I know you would like a home remedy, and I would love to give you one, but from what you have described, the snake needs the help of a reptile vet.

The swelling could be the result of several different conditions - feces that have become impacted so only liquid can pass through, a pocket of infection, an injury to the digestive system, or a tumor.The vile odor and greenish poop indicate the problem is serious. None of these conditions can be treated at home. I found two reptile vets in Australia:

Peter D. Wilson
Currumbin Sanctuary
Currumbin Creek Road
Currumbin Valley
Queensland 4223. 075-341-266

Mark Simpson
Avians and Herps
Sugarloaf Animal Hospital
Newcastle
Ph: 02 4955 1833

If neither of them are near you, call local vets to find one who will work by phone consultation with one of the reptile vets. This is a common practice when no specialist is nearby.

If you have more questions, let me know by clicking on REPLY. I hope your snake will reach a full recovery.

Anna

Please be sure to rate only SMILEY FACES to complete this transaction, or, if you need more help, click on REPLY and let me know what else you need. Thank you.

.