My bearded dragon today took a bite out of a sago palm branch in my backyard. He is almost 7 years old, and a pretty good size. He only took about 5 inch long strands, but from what I read about sago palms, they can be very poisonous. None of the emergency vets are open at this time, except one, but they don't treat exotics. I am taking him to a vet in the morning, but I am still very worried. Thanks -Cooper P.S Sorry my request didn't go through last time, accidentally closed the tab.
Pet's Gender: Male
Pet's Age: 7
Name of Animal: Bearded Dragon
nothing so far
We have a situation here where we cannot induce vomiting in a Dragon like we can in a dog or cat. The worst part of the Sago palm is the seeds, although all parts are toxic. The problem is we do not know what type of reaction you may get with him ingesting even a few strands of the palm.
I would like to try and locate a Herp Vet in your area and have you see if they have someone to see him on an Emergency basis. They may want to do a charcoal lavage or treat accordingly. At home we cannot really do anything except wait. If you can supply a State I will give you some Herp Vets. joan
I have been doing Reptile Rescues for 15+ Years
We live in Visalia, California
These are links for Northern and Southern CA
UC Davis has a clinic that is 24 hours and does treat reptiles, but not sure of proximity to where you live.